Loren I need help !!!! Again !!!!! My mother is 77 and was…

Customer Question
Loren hi, I need help !!!...
Loren hi,
I need help !!!! Again !!!!! My mother is 77 and was diagnosed March of 2017 with Parkinson Disease. I have a 4 year old grandson and my mother is his primary custodian which she was granted by the court by default judgement . I was never infor med of the hearing and I am his grandmother. His mother is my daughter and they were both living with my mother at the time when I was informed that my daughter was using drugs,,,had a warrant and took off with my Grandson so I called cps. At the time cps got involved i knew my daughter need help. So I discussed with my mother the option of her helping me keep Dallas. ..my Grandson so she retained an expensive lawyer....which I couldn't afford and proceeded with court issues behind my back....I never knew there was a hearing...since Dallas has been born in have been a part of his daily care. Dallas and I currently live in my mother's house along with my 17 year old son and my 19 year old son...we moved in after my mom was diagnosed...it's nessary for me to relocate. I can't bare the thought of leaving Dallas behind. The disease is progressing ...she shakes something terrible,hallucinate, she looses her patience with all of us and thinks we are enemys..I've kept a journal for several months and I even saw herrin part week chase him down in the front yard , tackle him to ground,, pull his pull ups down and spank him.. I'm 56 , I'm a Certified Medication aid, a Certified Nurses Aid and manage the central supply unit att a skilled nursing facility...I have never been convicted of a crime, I have never failed a drug screen. (Cps required that in the past when they investigated my daugher, she is not a part of my grandsons life....) what is your opinion, and how do you think the courts will look at this. I'm all he Dallas has and she will not do this in a civil manner.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Loren, Attorney

I think you will need to go before the court which granted your mother custody and present evidence why she is unable to provide a safe and stable environment for the child.

While you can pursue this pro se, it is strongly recommended you retain an attorney to represent you. If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys, themselves, use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered professionally and accurately, even if not the answer you were hoping to get, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
What about Cps....are there any prior situation similar to mine that I can read about ?

Thank you for following up.

Unfortunately, Adult Protective Services (APS), Child Care Licensing (CCL), and Child Protective Services (CPS) case records are confidential by law.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you for using JA.

Loren, Attorney