I have completed annulment forms signed by myself and my…

Customer Question
Hello, I have completed...

Hello, I have completed annulment forms signed by myself and my husband that are notarized, but are dated 3/17/2017. My question, can I still file? In 2 years time, my husband left me, each time he rented a place for himself to live.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

TEXAS

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

The forms were completed and notarized in March, 2017. I did not file them at that time, we decided to date, still did not work out. The forms are in my possession.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, not at this time.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is general information for educational purposes only and doesn’t constitute not legal advice. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the website - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.
.
What as the basis for the annulment back then?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both my husband and I are recovering alcoholics, I am sober 28 years, he 4 years. My husband seems to be mentally unstable; 5 times out of a 2 year marriage he would leave out of the blue, pay rent and deposit on an apartment for himself. We would be separated for several months then ask if we could reunite. after the last separation, I said, "no more" Can I file the signed, notarized annulment papers completed March 17, 2017? We have no children together, we have no real property, we lived in my home.

You certainly *can* file the annulment papers but given that you guys apparently reconciled after the annulment there's a pretty high probability that it will be denied and you'll be told to file a divorce petition (Complaint).

Tina, Lawyer