While attempting to purchase a firearm last October, I

While attempting to purchase...

While attempting to purchase a firearm last October, I discovered that an arrest for possession of marijuana had disqualified me from making firearm purchases (any drug offense within the last year). This week marked the year anniversary of my arrest.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the drug possession charges?

Sorry, I sent before I finished. The case was closed on June 10, 2017 (I was given time served). Am I now eligible to make firearm purchases again? Or would the date be June 10, 2018.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the drug possession occur?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I did appeal the initial denial, which is how I found out which part of the statute I fell under. And the date of my arrest was the date referred to in the response to my appeal

3/15/2018
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. What is your question?

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Would I become eligible to purchase firearms again a year after my date of arrest ( the date referred to in my appeal response) or a year after my date of conviction?
Phone call session started

Thank you for the reply Calling you very shortly.