In Massachusetts, can I request documents from a

In Massachusetts, can I...

In Massachusetts, can I request documents from a counter-claimant to prove lost wages they claim I caused?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a MA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Is this a real person?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

absolutely. This is relevant discovery which anyone asserting a claim must produce. If it cannot produce it, the claim can be eventually dismissed by motion.

can i send them a letter or do i ask the magistrate to order them to produce and postpone the hearing?

You would send the discovery demand directly to them. If there is a hearing you should ask the court to postpone and advise of reason, and court may even help by ordering a due date for the discovery production.

Kindly rate me 5 stars for the answers.

perfect - thank you very much!

very welcome.

INFOLAWYER, Attorney