Can a boarding school disallow certain people from staying…

Can a boarding school...

Can a boarding school disallow certain people from staying alone or overnight in an employees private on campus quarters but allow them any where including dining hall on campus as long as accompanied by the employee because some people on campus are uncomfortable about something they accuse the non employee of doing a year ago without telling either party what it is that was done??

Lawyer's Assistant: Was the accusation discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?

This person is in a relationship of undefined type but is integral in caring for a minor while employee works.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the workplace "at will" or union? Is the job hourly or salaried?

Salaried contract.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can only act as third party, since the employee is my daughter. She is under great duress and is not sure she can finish off her contract this yr. Did you get my 2nd send. This is my 3rd. We want to know if we need evenually an attorney . Don't know who your firm is or where? General guidance would be appreciated . Have not contacted labor department yet.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The primary parties have met with the top school officials both separately and together where the only other accommodation made was permission to live off campus till the end of her contract in June . That's when the non accusations were made in the joint meeting with 3 administration personnell
3/16/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

Is your question whether a school can deny a non-employee from sleeping on school grounds?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In essence yes, but doesn't an employee who has been required by contract to live on campus have some right to private association. Please read carefully the Kafkeque questioning of the the nonemployee doing something wrong almost a year ago . He is in arelationship with my employed daughter and has become a care giver for her son. He is allowed to stay over 10 times till June and not even be in her private apartment taking care of child if mother Daughter) is not also present. It's the school making rules expost facto. He's been on campus since January, and was an indirect employee as aworker for contract food service and served out his contract till summer. Please read all past facts I sent earlier. Should she see a lawyer?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just tell me if a document requiring 12 months relationship before unmarried can privately associate in employees residence to satisfy what formerly was undefined in school to wit " a demonstrable long term relationship" the document being a contract of recent origin not require over the last 4 1/2 years of her employ .
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
In not calling to you try to give me some perspective based on facts as presented

Here's the best way I can put it... the employee has no legal right to have someone - a parent, a friend, a babysitter, a boyfriend - live with her on campus. That's why I wanted to distill the question to its most basic. You certainly CAN see a lawyer but they ware well within their rights to make the rules (if only for liability reasons... but actually more than that) as to who lives there. Please let me know if that answers your question.

You do NOT need to call me; that's an automatic request from the site.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. Sounds like by signing teaching contract of 5 pages that requires you to live on campus as part of your duties, you sign away in unstated ways your rights to do what you need to for family or children. Signer Beware?

Well, yes, in a way. That's the nature of signing a contract... you get something and you give something... and in this case the person gets a job and housing and a paycheck in exchange for following their rules. I like to be as transparent as possible... b/c sharing your outrage without law to support it does you no good. Does that make sense? If you wouldn't mind, if I have answered your question (even if it's not "good news"), could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im being reasonable, not outraged, but I understand why you would infer that emotion. Thanks for the straight answers. She elected months ago before this "episode" not to renew the contract for next year though offered to her. Im trying to encourage her to move on. I will rate you properly.

It's my pleasure :) Happy to help. And if you need anything at all in the future, I'm here.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Thanks so much for your rating :)
And, just for future reference, I want you to have a way to get back to me directly (if you want). If you need anything and you want to reach me you can do so by clicking
https://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-droliviak-jd-md/?rpt=3800 or by putting "This Question Is For Olivia" before you start typing your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney