I am the owner of a single house in Briarhurst Park Houston…

Customer Question
Hello , I am...

Hello , I am the owner of a single house in Briarhurst Park Houston TX which is rented to the Consulate of South Korea. In July. IN July 2017 I signed Home protection contract with Select Home Warranty for $ 399,99 a year. Since then they always argue with the tenant of the house, make her pay service fees but never make the repairs. Last month she fight with them about water heater which is include in the contract. First on Feb 5 they send a message saying you job has been accepted but they never send somebody able to repair. Finally on Feb 19 Select Home send me a very weird message: We have received your request for cancellation of the contract on refund is on the way. It is a big lie and I never ask for cancellation but instead to change the water heater for $ 1000 they prefer pretend for cancellation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing. My tenant could not stay one month without hot water. So after their message of " so call cancellation" we made the remplacement ourselves of the water heater. We paid each half/half of the $ 1100 bill for a new water heater. I was thinking about to make a small claim against Select Home Warranty . It read on Google this company is very famous for such malpractice

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No it seems clear and complete

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 5 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
Do I have a chance in Small Claims court if the Home Protection cancel my protection without my authorization
On review of your facts, you have a good case.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
How much does it cost to file a small claim if the Home protection denied to cover the repairs but never write the reasons
$50.
I am very disappointed. This answer is just copy pasted. I was supposed to pay $ 5.00 and in reality I was charged $ 42.00 for an answer of extreme poverty and a call proposal for $ 59.00. Help : let's stop the scam

You were not charged. I dont handle pricing.