I have been in BK for three years. I have been fighting a…

I have been in...

I have been in BK for three years. I have been fighting a foreclosure for 10 years. I have now been able to prove that the loan docs supplied to the Ct. are not the docs I signed. I am about to submit my taxes. I received a 1098 from the Creditor showing that it applied my payments made through the court to interest. I was going to take the interest deduction. However, when I looked on the NDC site, it shows the Trustee has applied the payments to principal. If I take the tax deduction can that serve as an admission that I agree that the docs are real -- which they absolutely are not.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

Per above I have been in BK for 3 years - please see the question above.

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No thank you

3/15/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your question:

Response: No, it would not. If you made payments towards the loan, then you need to claim the interest on the payments as deductions. That would not impact your case. However, you need to inform the Trustee's office that the creditor is reporting the payments as interest and not payments towards the Principal so that the Trustee's office can reconcile its books.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you very much. That is very helpful.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.