Just paid off a mobile home here in Florida. Paid to Ditech.

Just paid off a...

Just paid off a mobile home here in Florida. Paid to Ditech. I now cannot get a release of lien or title to it because they were only the loan servers, Dynex and Origen Financial are the same company who is on title or record but are no longer in business.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?

I asked Ditech where the money was going or to whom, and they say they do not know.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

Not yet

3/15/2018
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer
Good afternoon. I am a legal expert attorney who will assist you today.To your knowledge, was the loan ever assigned to another company?
As far as I know only Origen Financial and Ditech
Did you ever check the county records to see if an assignment was filed?
no I will check if I can
Also, You can also file a complaint with the Florida Office of Financial Regulation about the lender, servicer and the payoff.To file a complaint you need to file a Summary of the complaint describing its nature, the names of the lenders and servicer, and what was said to you resulting in your need to file a complaint.You need to include Copies of related documents: provide copies of all documents that support your complaint. Examples are contracts, account statements, disclosure documents, cancelled checks or money wires, you can file online and upload documents.Here is a link to the website to file the complaint.https://real.flofr.com/Complaints/Login.aspxYou can also cal them at(###) ###-####
I hope this helps and clarifies. Please don’t forget to rate the question with stars. We as attorneys are not employees of Just Answer and are not paid unless you rate the question with stars.
KLAW
KLAW, Lawyer