I in good faith opened a 2 year line of credit to assist a…

I in good faith...

I in good faith opened a 2 year line of credit to assist a then significant other to have some major dental work completed. He’s gainfully employed, but didn’t have credit standing to guarantee no interest. I trusted him & believed his word. Now the first payment is due & he has created a fake reason to be angry & stopped communicating with me. The amount owed is a hefty $5200. I know the trucking company he works for & his brother’s address that he uses, but basically lives out of his tractor trailer. Will it be possible to take legal action to hold him accountable to his commitment? I have text messages that support his promise to pay.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I’ve been calling & texting. He has made 1 payment previously. However, he has since been spiteful & refuses to reply to texts or answer his phone when I call.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just know he works for JB Hunt I believe out of the Lithia Springs, GA office. I could provide text message proof of our exchanges as well as copies of dental bills & the Credit Care invoices that support service he received with a credit line in my name. If there’s possible recourse, I will provide his name & telephone contact information.

3/15/2018
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - What specifically do the texts say? Does he agree to make payments for the dental work?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He expressed to let him know a week in advance of when the bill is due & he will make payments.

Okay great - There are a two main options that are open to you. First, you can file a small claims action in court. You can file this at your local courthouse under the civil section. That will allow you to get your money back for the payments and have him take over the payments. Also, you can get reimbursement for attorneys fees if this is the route you choose to go. Just make sure that you bring copies of the text messages to court. The second option is that you can file a criminal charge for theft. As he has had work done on his mouth, and agreed to pay you back for that work. That is theft. I do not know if you want to go down the criminal route and get police involved or if you want to just get your money back.

I hope I was able to answer your question today and have given you the next steps - can you please rate me with 5 stars

Please let me know when you are available for a call.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My credit card acct reflects that payments of $5.00 & $31.00 were processed.
I would greatly appreciate if you could call me now as I am available. Thank you!

I am happy to help

Can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer
DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer