My wife and I have been seperated for six months she

Hi...my wife and I...

Hi...my wife and I have been seperated for six months she willingly moved out and got an apartment. She has custody of our 16 year old son. She admittedly stated to me her bills are overwhelmingly high she needed to move back with me but I know that's a bad idea and don't want that. We both are in bankruptcy what should I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in Maine family court?

No. ..neither of us

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?

No...just my bankruptcy lawyer

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes ..does she have the right to move back in by law

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Hello:

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If she moved out and has been gone for 6 months then she has abandoned the marital home. You do not have to let her back in unless she gets a court order requiring you to. You can (probably should) change the locks so she doesn't just move in against your desires. Once she is in you will have a very difficult time removing her.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer