How would I go about filing for a Doe Subpoena in Small

Customer Question
Second opinion] How would...

Second opinion] How would I go about filing for a Doe Subpoena in Small Claims Court? I am in Georgia? I know, I have to file suit.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
The previous lawyer told me , she couldn't find any forms for this and simply sent me a link to forms for filing a small claim. Heck, I could have gone to the magistrate court's website and done that myself.
Answered in 6 days by:
3/21/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

If the defendant is unknown, the defendant would be listed as a John Doe defendant; then during the discovery process the party may request the court to issue a subpoena to a third party to secure the identity of the defendant, if the third party has access to that information;

Please see:

https://www.lowndescounty.com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/204

Then the plaintiff would amend the complaint to name the proper defendant.