I am being sued for medical bill in the amount of $1500

Customer Question
I am being sued...

I am being sued for medical bill in the amount of $1500 should I show up to court or just default the decision either way they will prob garnish my wages correct?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None I was served papers about 2 weeks ago

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your legal question this evening. A default judgment can include an amount for court costs, interest and perhaps attorney's fees. It is always better to negotiate a settlement or make an appearance rather than have a default that will continue to gain interest entered against you.

Once the judgment is entered, you will have a chance to pay the judgment if not then enforcement or garnishment could occur in a separate proceeding.

If you have a copy of the complaint this is something I can review as an extra service just let me know.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

In return rating positively gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating in this regard is much appreciated.

Best

Attorney Bill