Can a Doctor in PA write a prescription for a person before…

Customer Question
Can a Doctor in...

Can a Doctor in PA write a prescription for a person before seeing them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have they talked to a PA lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have they taken so far?

Nothing just asking

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Has the person ever seen this doctor? Is the prescription for a controlled substance?

a minor was prescribed a steroid thru another person before they saw the doctor
a coach had a friend doctor write a prescription for a steroid for an athlete before the doctor ever saw the athlete (minor)

While not a controlled substance the use of steroids is controversial. A doctor could get in trouble for prescribing this without examining the minor and getting a complete history.

in PA?

If this minor is not a regular patient of the doctor he has seen recently, a doctor could get in trouble for prescribing medication without examining the minor and taking a complete history. Anywhere.

What if the minor had an allergic reaction for example? Or an undisclosed condition? To say nothing about the issue of parental consent.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.