I live in nj and am in a civil union for 15 + years and

Customer Question
I live in nj...

I live in nj and am in a civil union for 15 + years and still live my partner but have not had a relationship for several (if you know what i mean) I am financially stuck and need to know if i can file for disillusion of civil union while i am still living with her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NJ lawyer about this?

No unfortunately i have very little money

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None have no idea where to start or how I would pay for it or how i would live

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

When we are ready?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, we have not had sex but once in the last ten years and i probably have a ton of grounds, she is retired corrections here in nj and we got our civil union in 2002 in vermont

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
but you should seek separate living arrangement as soon as possible.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
we are not going to have an actual conversation about this are we? you do not practice law in NJ? I make 1000 dollars a month on a good month. I am looking for help to get out of a really crappy situation. all you are going to be able to do is recommend that i contact a lawyer here in nj, right.
what else can I answer for you?
We cannot represent customers. if you get an automatic phone call request, you can accept it and a phone based law expert will handle. if you prefer to proceed by chat with me, just reply to the chat. some customers choose both, but the choice is yours! Thanks
no this was not a good idea....
Ok. Let me know if you change your mind or have a follow up.