I co own a house with ex partner, she moved out, took all of…

I co own a...

I co own a house with ex partner, she moved out , took all of her belongings that were solely hers. She changed her address and now is pressuring me to sale the house . What rights do I have to stay in the house ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mississippi

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None, I've stayed here , paid the taxes.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Give me just a moment to review what you've written.

As long as you have the means to pay for the home you have just as much right to be in the home after she left as before she left and she can't force you to sell the home. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Thanks but the home is paid for.

Then you definitely can stay :)

That makes it even easier, right? :-)