On the evening Monday March 11th 2018 I experienced rapid…

On the evening Monday...

On the evening Monday March 11th 2018 I experienced rapid onset vomiting and diarrhea which prevented me from communicating verbally and maintaining my balance. My roommate, with whom I have lived for 8 months, wishes to evict me because I did not knock on his door before opening it and notifying him of my condition. My roommate on prior occasions has expressed his willingness to assist me on many matters including health concerns, but as of the past week has insisted that I knock on his bedroom door before inciting communication. Due to my considerably limited condition at the time, I feel I should be forgiven for my invasion of his space. I would appreciate your legal counsel.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I live in San Jose California

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None

3/14/2018
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
It was an exceptional situation. No harm caused. I see no claim against you.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What action should I take to placate my roommate and/or prevent my eviction, should my roommate become insistent?
An apology and assurance it will not repeat. Then if roommate being unreasonable A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
What manner of lawyer would be appropriate to contact in this instance for a letter? Is there a specialization of lawyer that I should seek out?
Civil litigation and real estate law.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Thank you very much for your time. This correspondence has been satisfactory and acceptable.
Thanks! Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
INFOLAWYER, Attorney