I am 63 years old and started college in Findlay Ohio the…

Customer Question
I am 63 years...

I am 63 years old and started college in Findlay Ohio the year 2000. I have a small student loan but the problem is the dept. of education. They are taking money out of my social security check and my pay check from my job. The loan was only for a little over 8 thousand. I have been paying on this for 18 years and it seems that the amount never goes down or there is no end to this. Its not like I owe them thousands and thousands. I am so frustrated with these people and the IRS that owes me money and cant get anywhere. I paid over 5000 in the year 2007 but this is never ending.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to an Ohio lawyer about this?

No I work at Speedway and barely can buy gas for my car or food. It is very frustrating.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Getting on the computer to get the original information for the student loan. They sold the college that I was going to and changed the name so I am just waiting for paperwork from the college

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They said it would take 5 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.