Need to execute will in NYC but only one signature on will.

Customer Question
Need to execute will...

Need to execute will in NYC but only one signature on will. Am listed as executor and sole beneificiary, was her long term domestic partner, POA, medical proxy.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

NYS. Will be MAnhattan surrogate court. Nothing filed yet, Just got death certificates.

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Have her original will (with only one signature). Have records of medical proxy forms, have POA notarized (but ceases when deceased), have bank account POA records

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need very low cost assistance.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

My deepest sympathies for your loss.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to file in surrogate court (NYC) to be able to execute my deceased domestic partners will but it only has one witness signature. What is likely to happen and how can I get the will accepted?

Thank you for the information. However, I am unable to further assist. So, I will opt out to give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.

Goodluck with your case,

Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello. New Attorney here. Unfortunately, a will in New York needs two witnesses. One witness is not enough. Also, unfortunately, the POA and Health Care Proxy would not help. The will most likely would be rejected by the court. You can always attempt to file it but in all probability, the clerk would not accept it. If by chance, the clerk does accept it for filing, an heir could file objections to it.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

Hello again:

I am checking in with you to see if you need further help. If you need more, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney