A friend told me that US labor dept was giving out funds to…

Customer Question
A friend told me...

A friend told me that US labor dept was giving out funds to help low income people. They say you have to pay a batch fee in order to receive the money, for imstance if you want $50,000 then you need to send in $500. Is this true or is it another scam?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

None yet. I was provided a number to call

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes. This info is circling through facebook messenger

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in satisfied customer ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

How did the friend contact you about this? Was it via social media, such as Facebook?

Have you actually spoken to your friend about this?

Are you online with me?