I was involved in an auto accident. I was not injured. The…

I was involved in...

I was involved in an auto accident. I was not injured. The other driver was found at fault. My vehicle was totaled, but insurance will only pay the KBB value, which leaves a balance. I did not have gap insurance (which i was informed i did when i purchased the vehicle. Am i able to sue the other driver for the balance.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

SC

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Just talked to insurance company. I also spoke with the dealership where i got the vehicle and they told me that they have no record of gap. I got the vehickle in nov 2016, so to much time has past for that route.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not right now

3/14/2018
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying you believe the value of the car is greater than the KBB value? And if so, what is your basis?

DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney
No, i just owe more than the kbb. After insurance pays, i will still owe on it
Phone call session started