I attended a college called Westview around 2008. The

Customer Question
Hello, I attended a...

Hello, I attended a college called Westview around 2008. The college is now closed and I owe over $40,000 dollars in loans to them. The college mislead me expressing that they are accredited school, when leaving the school to attend another college they would not accept the credits. The school is also now closed and I’m paying these high loans. When doing research online I’m not the only person going through this https://www.consumeraffairs.com/education/westwood-college.html I need help.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because education law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you spoken to a local attorney or school administrator? What is your ideal outcome for this situation?

My first time seeking an attorney, the school wont respond. I feel I shouldn't have to pay these loans when I can't even use the credits and was mislead, pretty much I'm paying all this money for a school that gave me nothing and is closed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just to maybe look at the consumer affairs website to see what everyone and myself that attended this school is going through. Thank you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 4 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your recourse here would be to stop paying the loan. Then force the company to send the account to collections and eventually file lawsuit against you. Then you would respond to the lawsuit and tell the Court why you are not liable for the debt, just like you did in your post here. You should not be paying the loan in the first place if the school made material misrepresentation about its accreditation.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.