Is dentist here in florida legally required to repair

Is dentist here in...

Is dentist here in florida legally required to repair botched root canal

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a FL lawyer about this?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?

Obtained opinion from another dentist who was seen regarding abcessed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called dentist who did root canal regarding abcess and was told to see a specialist to do repair at my own expense.

3/14/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

So, the law doesn't specifically require a dentist to repair a botched root canal. However, the common law regarding contracts can provide you some recourse if the dentist did not do the work that you paid him or her to do.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they failed to fulfill their promise to do a reasonable job on the root canal. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer