I need to know if I can include Part and Supplemental

Hi, I need...

Hi, I need to know if I can include Part B and Supplemental Medical premiums under Medical Expenses as part of my deductions. Thanks!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in New Mexico. I know Federal and State may differ.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have added up all of my medical, drug, and dental expenses and just need to know if I can add the cost of the insurance.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I believe that's all. Thank you.

3/14/2018
Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

Yes. In fact, when filing an itemized Schedule A (1040) tax return, you may be able to deduct many medical and dental expenses as well as Medicare premiums. But you can deduct only those expenses that exceed 7.5 percent of your adjusted gross income (AGI).

Did you have any other questions? If not please don't forget to rate me. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew, Lawyer