I got a DUI Dec 2012 which my licence was suspended for 5…

Customer Question
i got a DUI Dec...
i got a DUI Dec 2012 which my licence was suspended for 5 years. I did everything I am suppose to do to get my licence back. The problem is I had a intoxalock installed in my car so I can get my licence back and the place that installed the blower told us that I was the one who is suppose to blow in the blower but I found out that it is actually the driver of the car that is suppose to blow. I did not receive instruction on the blower until the other day or have I signed the contract. I am due to get my licence back on the 26th of this month and it has to be read on the 29th of this month. What do i do now?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: DanLegal, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am happy to help - When you say it has to be read on the 29th you mean the intoxalock report correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
blower readings with camera

What specifically are you asking? What will happen if other people have been blowing in the machine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am the one that blew in the machine while I had a license driver drive the car but I found out that it is suppose to be the driver of the car who is suppose to blow into the machine. So am I going to get my license suspended as soon as I get them back because of this?

Thank you for the response - generally speaking no. As long as none of the other people who blew into the machine caused it to register alcohol. There are many cases that the automobile that the device is installed into is the only car in the household and other people blow into the machine. The machine is for only the driver of the vehicle, but it is intended to make sure the person charged with the offense is safe.

I hope I answered you question - can you please rate my answer with 5 stars

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But the problem is I wasn't the one that was suppose to blow in the machine , it is the driver of the car which is not me. The car was only drove to the place the blower was put in then to DMV and back home. The day it was installed but I was given wrong information.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The instructions I received the other day says only the driver of the vehicle should blow in the device. And I was told that it was for me to blow in only so now I have broke the law before I even got my license back and when they do the reading it will show that so that is why I am asking you what to do next? Who should I contact?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you understand now?

Yes I understand - it sounds like you were given instructions that are generic and did not fit your situation. If you had the device installed it was for you to blow in when the car was driven. In that instance, you, the driver, was to blow into the machine - or any driver of the car. It sounds like the machine was hardly used at all. There is no issue with your license.

DanLegal
DanLegal
DanLegal, Lawyer