I am a depositor of Stanford Federal Credit Union whose

****, I am a...

****, I am a depositor of Stanford Federal Credit Union whose money was put on hold due to "legal hold". Sorry to say, I was not informed by Stanford until the time of withdrawing my money. I was informed that they received the hold order from Sta. clara court sheriff.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

It is in state of California. The issue begin last January.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Inquiry from the sheriff that no hold order has been filed in my name and that my personal info came from old filed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I talked to Stanford Fed. Credit Union staff and refused to help me inspite of my intention to dispute and insisted that it is legal issue. Pls. Help me, it is hard earned money and do not know where, how to complain and ask for legal help. My phone is(###) ###-####

3/15/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Have you asked the Credit Union to give you a copy of the Notice so that you would know who to contact?

Telling you who requested the hold is not sufficient. You should be given a copy of the Order so that you would know where to begin. You cannot work in darkness.

What is the hold for?

These are questions that need to be answered in order for you to know where to go.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I just read your response and realized my mistake. I ask the customer service and a supervisor but no direct information was given to me. A customer service just told me to inquire from the sheriff department of Santa Clara Court, California. The sheriff gave me their file on record based on my name before I remarried and divorced. The bot***** *****ne, the sheriff denied having issued a “hold order” in my name. I even suggested that Stanford Federal Credit Union should have notified me within 10 days before holding my deposit. However, I was given an evading answer that it is a Hold Order.
In this situation, sorry for my innocence and lack of knowledge. Please help me what to do.Virginia
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I understand better when I can read your response in writing. I am not adept in talking once phone especially in a English language. Sorry

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding

Kindly disregard the phone call offer. I did not make it. The offer was automatically made to you by the site. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program. Thank you for your understanding.

The Credit Union MUST provide you with a copy of the Order so that you have that information when you go back to the Sheriff's Office or the Court. Otherwise, you would be wasting your time. So, you need to go back to the Credit Union and this time ask for the branch manager and request for a copy of the Order. The Order was sent to the bank. That is the only way the bank can be put a hold on your account. So, the bank MUST give you a copy of that Order since the Sheriff's Office is denying being the party who requested the hold.

Your search should start with the bank. Also, the bank should have notified you of the hold before you found out about it. If the bank gives you a runaround, then go to the Santa Clara Superior Court in the morning to the Clerk's office and ask to see a copy of the Levy that was put on your bank account. The Clerk's office may not be cooperative if you do not have the docket number for your case.

You may also use the Santa Clara Superior Case Search online now to search for your case with your name to see if the Garnishment/Levy Order shows up. If you do find it, then you would know what the case is about and then file Motion with the Court to vacate the levy if the levy was issued in error.

Let me know how you made out.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law