County family services has a current case with my family.

County family services has...

County family services has a current case with my family. Are they allowed to disclose that information and if so to who?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes family services has made visits to my home

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. I would just like to talk to an attorney

3/14/2018
Bruce Schreiber

Welcome & thank you for your question. I am the professional that will be assisting you. Family Service investigations are required to be kept private. The agency can interview potential witnesses or family members but cannot reveal detailed private information.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
My 13 yo daughter is currently involved in a program from the county called “restorative justice” for shoplifting. They called family services as their “protocol” and family services told them we have an open case. They did this with out our signed disclosure or permission

In many jurisdictions they ARE allowed to release information to other government (county) agencies involved with the family. In particular they can interface with judicial authorities. It sounds like this restorative justice program is through the Court. Is that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it is. It is a county agency contacting another county agency (same county)

I am pretty sure they were authorized to share information.

Do you have further questions?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. You’ve been extremely helpful! Thank you very much!

If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber
Bruce Schreiber, Lawyer