What is the best way to collect on a personal loan,I do have…

What is the best...

What is the best way to collect on a personal loan,I do have a signed paper and another attempting to collect on this after 1 year later

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time...where would I file this

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am at work now..will contact later

3/14/2018
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Are you saying you made a demand for payment on the loan and the person is refusing to do so? Was there interest charged?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I was to receive 20% interest on a 1 year loan of $5000 to be paid in 1 year. this was July of 2011 and have sent several letters
requesting payment with 1 telling me that that we in the process of getting a home equity loan to repay..This loan was for a business that has since gone under,but the person who the money was loaned to is still working in my area

2011 is a long time ago. It would be past the statute of limitation unless there was a more recent payment made. When was the last time you received a payment on the loan?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
He has never made any payment..only empty promises..I year after is when he said he was getting an equity loan,and then my last pay check bounced.

If you lent money to someone and they have not paid, you would have to sue them within 4 years in Pennsylvania. You lent the money in 2011, there was never a payment made. It appears the statute of limitations has run out.

You can still attempt to collect on it but his defense is that it is too late because you waited too long.

I know the news is not great but it is better the law on it. We can continue our discussion. If you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney