Our 36 year old son has grown away from us and is not like…

Customer Question
Our 36 year old...

Our 36 year old son has grown away from us and is not like us in any way now. He can't or won't hold a job, and is very unpleasant and even frightening to have in our home. He has no where else to go. How can we legally force him to leave and stay off our property?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Chelsea, Alabama.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

We have done nothing so far.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We can't decide whether he has a mental problem, or just has terrible attitudes about life.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 4 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

Have you asked him to leave and he will not leave?

We've had him leave a couple of times, but then he comes back. He has no place to go. He has no job and no car.

Okay. Technically, he is a tenant. You could actually go through an eviction proceeding if he will not leave. He is considered a month to month tenant. Basically, you would give him written notice and give him 30 days to leave. Also, if he leaves, you do not have to continue to allow him to stay. If he stays longer than a few days, he can claim he is a tenant again.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Hello again:

I am checking in with you to see if you need further help. If you need more, just let me know.