Want to ask question about being my wife's caregiver.

Customer Question
Want to ask question...

Want to ask question about being my wife's caregiver

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Flordia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet we are both on social secutity and I have. Job at. Marriott which I cannot cover my hours. Because of taking care of wife.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 5 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Is there anything I can get from social security for. Taking care of. Spouse.
Is there any social security. Benefit. For. Being. Old and caregiver which is documented.
Did. Not. See answer yet.
Look I paid 52 dollars no answer yet
I paid 52 dollars for. Nothing need my. Money back. Not. Happy

Thanks so much for your patience and I"m sorry for the confusion. It looks like you had posted your question this morning; however, you opted out after just a few minutes of our discussion. I was actually in the middle of responding to you and because you opted out, the moderators had to remove the opt out so I could continue chatting with you.

Generally, social security doesn't provide money to caregivers; they only provide money to the actual person like your wife, who can then use it to help offset some of the care giving costs.

Have you had a chance to apply for her to receive social security yet or spoken with the SSA about her eligibility?