I am trying to find an attorney to help me. My son is a 14…

I am trying to...

I am trying to find an attorney to help me. My son is a 14 year old middle school student who got into trouble and School suspended him for 10 days and set up expulsion meeting. I have called tons of attorney but can’t find one for my area I live.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Police were called but determined no harm or threat so no report was made. Police never talked to my son

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He made a comment in class joking a month ago and said I should shoot the school to one of his friends. Then quickly said I am just joking I would never do that. A month goes by and his friend is mad so he decided to turn him in. School called cops. They also said they called kids into the office and had kids fill out bully reports and now that the police said they found no threat they are saying the have all these bully reports on my son so he is facing expulsion. A teacher is telling the community false stories. I have been threatened by people calling my son a Terrorist.

3/14/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
My question is what can I do to fight the expulsion? They made kids fill out these bully reports and my son never got talked to about any bully reports. I found out the expulsion hearing at school is on March 20th and I still have not gotten a letter in the mail. Teachers are spreading false stories about my son. My entire small town is calling my son very mean things. It’s taken a toll on my family. We have been threatened by other parents. What can I do?
Phone call session started

Hello! I see that you requested a phone call. That’s great news! I have just one caller ahead of you, but you will be live on the phone with me in about 30 minutes.