Legal Questions TN Divorce. 2 questions 1. Relocation. I am…

Customer Question
Legal Questions TN Divorce. 2 questions1. Relocation. I...
Legal Questions
TN Divorce.
2 questions1. Relocation.
I am the custodial parent of 3 girls.
I was offered and have taken a new job with the School System. Needed the income increase and benefits.
The move is taking me 60 miles away from ex. I tried to keep it under 50, but it would put the kids into the school district I will be working in and that was a conflict of interest for them.
My ex is not going to oppose the move. So he says. He's unpredictable. Hire to start date was 5 weeks.
Can I move with the kids before 60 days?
Notification was sent certified mail which he says he never got. PO says notice was left in mail box. Let him know it was at PO, but he waited 2 weeks to go get it. So where does this 30 days start if he does decide to contest.2. Change in PP
We have been following a mutually agreeable-different PP because of transportation issues. Drive was taking too long during Nashville rush hour. This will remain the same.
How do we make this legal? Can we sign and notarize what we are now doing and file with court?
Also does the change in PP have anything to do with move.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

The controlling statute is 36-6-108 and it states that the 60 day period begins to run from the date it is sent, yet the 30 day period to file a petition begins to run from the date of receipt.

If the parties alter the order, the order as written (the court order) remains in full force and effect unless it is modified. This can be done by stipulation-essentially the parents sign an agreement as to the modification and requests the court to incorporate it into a court order in which case it will be the controlling agreement.

Still not clear about moving. Can I move before the 60 days? I I choose to do so what are the ramifications.
How do I request the court to incorporate agreement. Do I need a lawyer to do that?

An attorney is not required to stipulate and incorporate the agreement into a court order; a person can "self represent" although many people choose to use an attorney so they don't have to become familiar with drafting legal documents and procedural issues.

If the other parent does not file a petition within 30 days then the parent may relocate with the child unless the order states otherwise.

Hello; just checking in on the above.
If you have further questions please post here and I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Otherwise
kindly rate positively (hopefully you feel I have earned 5 stars) to help maintain my high customer satisfaction score and so I know you were satisfied with my services.

The above information is for educational purposes only. An attorney in one's jurisdiction can be located at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/legal_services/flh-home.html
Thank you.