Legal Question

Customer Question
Legal Question
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
My mother's Will & Trust was submitted for Probate Processing. I am her sole heir. I am awaiting Letters Testamentary when it's processed, enabling e to prove my ownership to the Co-Op Board connected to the apt. I'm inheriting. The final papers requested by the court got there 2/1/18. My q.: since the apt. is NOT In the trust, (so it's the Letters Testamentary re: the Will I need re: the Co-Op B..& it typically takes 4 weeks for processing re: a will alone.. & 6 weeks elapsed since 2/1/18, is it possible for me to get the L.T. re: the Will before I get the L.T. re: the Trust? My lawyer said that asking the court anything re: the processing "could make them angry" (and cause them to move slower). Do you agree with this?
I want to be able to get the Co-Op admission process underway as soon as possible, because I have 11-plus weeks to get the LT, be accepted, fix up the apt, move out of where I am. I have every financial qualification the Co-Op Board requires of a prospective resident. But they have the ability to refuse to allow me to move in for "no reason". Because they might reject me (I think it's unlikely) I want to get to the point when this might happen ASAP so I can have as much time as possible to find a place to move (my current lease ends the end of May, and I don't want to renew it, where I'm now renting).
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you. Which State does your question pertain to?

New York City
Surrogate's Court, New York City
Is there any legal requirement relating to probate processing? For example, a requirement that a court must finish processing a Will/Trust awaiting Letters Testamentary (at most) two months after all requested materials have been submitted"? Is there a requirement relating to the maximum time, for example, "A court cannot take more than three months to finish processing a Will/Trust awaiting Letters Testamentary"? (The above relates to my situation.)

Please accept my apologies, however, I am unable to assist you today. I will opt out so another Attorney can answer your question.

Is anyone going to answer my questions?