My company is being sued and we would like to know if it is…

My company is being...

My company is being sued and we would like to know if it is lawful or not. There is currently a threat of garnishment.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

I have included email correspondence as proof of our written request to cancel services, the two notifications from law groups that have requested funds from us, and the unauthorized charge to our card for a balance we were not responsible for. This charge was then credited back to us after we requested that it be reversed.
I have also included a copy of the garnishment notification from BBVA Compass bank at the request of the law group involved.
3/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

It seems you have been sued and a judgment has already been issued against you in the case, since garnishment orders cannot be issued unless they won a lawsuit against you already. You have included documents of a dispute between you and the plaintiff, but nothing about the lawsuit they filed or judgment that they obtained.

Based on the court order, it seems the plaintiff placed your company into receivership to collect the debt. It means you need to get a local attorney to try to undo this action and you have no choice and in order to argue the case you will have to get the judgment vacated and you will need to then prove that you properly cancelled and did not owe the debt as they claimed.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you for your prompt reply. We were sent this "Order Granting Turnover and Appointing Receiver" that seems to state that we are court ordered to pay the receiver. I have included the first page of this order. We were not notified of a chance to appear in court to dispute this action before it took place. We will continue to search for a local attorney that may be able to help us. Thank you again.

Thank you for your rely.

At this point, they obtained a judgment against you. So, now you need to seek to vacate the judgment and for that you can get a local attorney at the same site used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org

Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started