How do I appeal a passport application denial Pro Se? Can…

Customer Question
How do I appeal a...
How do I appeal a passport application denial Pro Se?Can The Department of State be sued for discrimination?What is my legal recourse against The Department of State regarding libel and intentional, willful malice against me?I was recently denied a United States of America passport for the following reason:Under the 22 U.S.C 2714a, a passport application may be denied if the applicant:
(i) does not include the social security account number issued to that individual, or
(ii) includes an incorrect or invalid social security number willfully, intentionally, negligently, or recklessly provided by such individual.I have never applied to the Social Security Administration for a social security number and I have NOT been assigned {and/or} issued a social security number by said administration. I signed a declaratory affidavit statement affirming said fact and filled in###-##-####for said social security number as stated on the passport application. I've been falsely accused of using a invalid number because I used the zeros the passport application's instructions state to use if you don't have or have never been assigned {and/or} issued a social security number by said administration. Please help anyway you can because my family and I have been completely transparent with the Department of State including allowing their investigators to come into the home to ask other probing questions. I don't deserve my character to be maligned, marginalized, {and/or} vilified in this like manner. I have a civil and a unalienable constitutional right to move about, travel freely, and be recognized as a citizen of my country.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/15/2018
Lawyer: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 1 month ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you!
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi Michelle!Thanks for the apologies and for reaching out. I do still need assistance with my questions and I would like to continue. Thank-you kindly. Your immediate attention, careful consideration, and full cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.Sincerely,
Charity-Faith Justice
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I apologize for the delay, the experts cannot control when questions appear on our list as we are not site employees. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Actually, legally, the US Government can require a social security number for obtaining a passport, that is not against the law. In fact, when you wrote###-##-#### that was taken as your SSN and when they checked it of course it would come back invalid. Had you left it blank, you would have simply received a rejection stating you failed to provide a SSN.

Yes, you have a Constitutional right to travel, but the courts have held that the Constitutional right to travel my be regulated by the government and that is not impairing or denying the right to travel. This is no different than obtaining a driver's license where you now need a SSN.

To the extent this inconvenience burdens exercise of the right to travel at all, the burden is incidental and negligible, insufficient to implicate denial of the right to travel.See Town of Southold v. Town of East Hampton,477 F.3d 38, 54 (2d Cir.2007)(collecting cases recognizing that even citizens do not have aconstitutional right to the most convenient form of travel). Something more than a negligible or minimal impact on the right to travel is required before strict scrutiny is applied. See: State of Kansas v. United States,16 F.3d 436, 442 (D.C.Cir.1994).

Homeland Security rules require a passport to be assigned. Including###-##-####in your application as in the SSN blank is taken as you are claiming that as your SSN. So, legally, USCIS had a right to investigate the matter and do have a right to deny a passport I am afraid.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
First and foremost, you are definitely NOT qualified to answer any of my questions.Secondly, there isn't anything else I need from you further I don't know what you are an expert of, but clearly I'm more knowledgeable in matters of the law than you. It is clearly evident you are somehow involved with The Department of State because you actually evaded all the questions I asked. You purported generalizations in your response NOT facts.Thirdly, let me be clear a social security number is ***** required to obtain a United States of America passport only citizenship. It is illegal and unlawful to deny {and/or} deprive any United States of America born citizen said unalienable right. Denial of said right would infringe on {and/or} violate said citizen's civil, constitutional, and religious rights. Definitely, you need a refresher on the Declaration of Independence and matters of constitutional law.Sincerely,
CHARITY-FAITH JUSTICE

Thank you so very much. I wish you the best. Good luck to you. I am sure you will get what you are seeking. I will opt out and leave your question for other experts to weigh in.

I wish you the very best. May God bless and smile upon you.

Do not reply to me as it will delay others from assisting you.

Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 1 month ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. There is no specific course of action is proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege formed within this conversation. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

Your previous expert has opted out and I have opted in.

Yes, there is a way to sue. However, it may be costly and lengthy. Did you still wish to discuss it?

Ely, Counselor at Law