Do many lawyers take plea by mail cases?

Customer Question
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
3/14/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you plead no contest, that is the same as a guilty plea. So now you have to try to fight this via a motion to vacate that plea and there are criminal defense attorneys who will take such cases and initially you would not have to fly back to Hawaii, but if they vacate the plea and set the matter for trial, you will indeed have to appear.

You can get a criminal defense attorney on the island where you entered the plea at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney