I am filing bankruptcy in IL. I retained the attorney fully…

I am filing bankruptcy...

I am filing bankruptcy in IL

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? And has anything been officially filed?

I retained the attorney fully and I can completely all the steps including the credit counseling course. I should have a case number ***** the end of the week

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

ILLINOIS

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not as of yet

I am just need to know if once my chapter 7 is filed if the automatic stay for GAL fees apply
The GAL knows I have retained an BK attorney and they are still moving forward to have a hearing for contempt because I haven’t been able to make payments due to financial hardships
3/14/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am so sorry to read about your difficulties.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Could you explain a little more about the GAL fees.

What is the proceeding about?

Thank you for your cooperation.

She was assigned to investigate an incident which occurred involving a child neglect charge while our child was in his father’s care and visitation restriction as a result of.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Your Question:

Response: Yes, the Automatic Stay would apply because the hearing only pertains to the GAL's fee. The fee would have to be paid by you from the property of the bankruptcy estate. So eventhough the fee relates to visitation issue which it exempt from the Automatic Stay, it would not fall under the exception to the Automatic Stay. See 11 U.S.C. Section 362 (b).

You need to make sure to give a Notice of Bankruptcy Case Filing to the Clerk so that the contempt hearing would be suspended pending the outcome of your bankruptcy case. You bankruptcy Attorney would get this notice from the Bankruptcy Court as soon she/he hits the "send" button on your case. Bankruptcy cases are filed electronically by Attorneys.

Best wishes,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

You need

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Irwin Law
Phone call session started