My spouce has a small business that has been sharing with…

My spouce has a...

My spouce has a small business that has been sharing with another individual who was in the property first. They just came into a verbal agreement about month to month rent. They have been sharing rent for the past 4 years. Today he serve him with a 30 day notice and a letter asking for all of his legal information from a business consultant. What are my partners rights

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

Los Angeles CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he got this two documents today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The guy had ask my partner to leave the property but when is rent day he asks for the rent and says that he could stay as long as he needs

3/14/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

My boyfriend has been sharing rent with another individual for the past 3 years. They only made a month to month verbal agreement. There are two different body shops in the same location. One is my boyfriend’s the other belongs to the other person. For the past year he has been asking my boyfriend to leave the property, with no reason. When the end of the comes he tell him to stay as long as he needs too. Yesterday he gave him a 30 days notice and a letter asking him for copies of all of his legal information. Now my question is
Does he have any rights to ask him for his legal information? And what should we do about the 30 day notice? It was served by a business consultant.

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to review the information that you have provided and prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I am working with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in order that they are received. If you have not heard from me it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Now my question is
Does he have any rights to ask him for his legal information?

Response 1: Absolutely, not.

And what should we do about the 30 day notice? It was served by a business consultant.

Response 2: Ignore the notice. Then he would have to go to Court and file papers to remove him from the premises.

Best wishes,

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law