Is it legal to write a postdated check? Arizona. Im trying…

Is it legal to...

Is it legal to write a postdated check?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Im trying to win a bet. My friend says its not illegal to write postdated check. Is it legal to write a postdated check in Arizona?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No, that's it. Thank you

3/14/2018
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
No, it is not illegal to write a post-dated check. What IS illegal is writing a post-dated check with an intent to defraud someone. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. (Please don't shoot the messenger if the law is not "on your side" - I can't change the law). Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney