I'm purchasing a home and have some questions about my

Hi - i'm purchasing...

Hi - i'm purchasing a home and have some questions about my property contract

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Md maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The agent told me that i had to sign the contract when i decided to buy the house. they said i have 5 days to cancel the contract if i have any issues

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

Does the contract specifically state you can cancel within 5 days in writing ?

.

Have you signed the contract yet?

.

What is your legal question I can help with?

.

.

thanks

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I've signed the contract and I'm seeking help to make sure if there's anything wrong with the contract.The contract states:
IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED ALL OF THE MHAA INFORMATION 5 CALENDAR DAYS OR MORE BEFORE
ENTERING INTO THE CONTRACT, YOU HAVE 5 CALENDAR DAYS TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AFTER
RECEIVING ALL THE MHAA INFORMATION. YOU MUST CANCEL THE CONTRACT IN WRITING, BUT YOU DO
NOT HAVE TO STATE A REASON. THE SELLER MUST ALSO PROVIDE YOU WITH NOTICE OF ANY CHANGES IN
MANDATORY FEES EXCEEDING 10% OF THE AMOUNT PREVIOUSLY STATED TO EXIST AND COPIES OF ANY
OTHER SUBSTANTIAL AND MATERIAL AMENDMENT TO THE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO YOU. YOU HAVE 3
CALENDAR DAYS TO CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AFTER RECEIVING NOTICE OF ANY CHANGES IN MANDATORY
FEES, OR COPIES OF ANY OTHER SUBSTANTIAL AND MATERIAL AMENDMENT TO THE MHAA INFORMATION
WHICH ADVERSELY AFFECTS YOU. IF YOU DO CANCEL THE CONTRACT YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO A
REFUND OF ANY DEPOSIT YOU MADE ON ACCOUNT OF THE CONTRACT. HOWEVER, UNLESS YOU RETURN
THE MHAA INFORMATION TO THE SELLER WHEN YOU CANCEL THE CONTRACT, THE SELLER MAY KEEP
OUT OF YOUR DEPOSIT THE COST OF REPRODUCING THE MHAA INFORMATION, OR $100, WHICHEVER
AMOUNT IS LESS
Also, i just want to make sure the contract language is clear that if i cancel within the 5 days, i can get my deposit back.

Have you actually received the MHAA information yet?

.

Along with the contract, I received the Maryland Home Owner's Association Act (MHAA) the same day on 3/11/18

Ok, then yes, you have 5 calendar days, starting the day after you received the MHAA documents, to cancel the contract for any reason at all and receive all your money back as long as you return the MHAA documents you received..

Ok thank you! I just received an electronic copy. Also, do you provide advice/review on property contracts?

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time..

.

If you have a new legal question, JustAnswer prefers that you open a new question page for new questions. This ensures that you'll have an accurate customer ratio on the site, and it helps us to give the best possible answers to your questions.

.

But you can request me if you would like..

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Barrister, Attorney
Barrister, Attorney