1) My employer is sponsoring my card, and I have an approved…

1) My employer is sponsoring...
1) My employer is sponsoring my green card, and I have an approved I-140 petition . Can I have another green card application going on at the same time, through my sister (21+ years of age) , who is a US citizen?
2) My sister does not have her birth certificate currently. She has an OCI card ( equivalent to a dual citizenship passport from India) and her marriage certificate. In both these documents she has our parents' name listed. Can these documents serve to prove that we are siblings (common parents) or does she need to have a birth certificate?
4) How long is the current wait period for a citizen from India to get a family based green card through a sibling, after i-130 application.. Is it 10+ years?
5) How long will be the wait for me to apply for I-485 adjustment of status ( considering I am legally in USA already)?
3/14/2018
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your immigration law question this evening. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your immigration matter.

It is allowed to have multiple applications with USCIS at the same time so the fact that you have applied through your sister and employer isn't something that will effect the other application.

The i-130 petition file by your sister is considerably longer in terms of processing times compared to a i-130 for a sibling . Processing times vary by USCIS office and can be checked here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

USCIS will follow up with your sister and brotehr through a request for evidence and outline any alternative tot he birth certificate that is acceptable.

Her status can be checked online, but if the application isn't currently in processing there may be no request for some years.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am. Thank you for your reply.

Your welcome,
Thank You for your positive feedback

Attorney Bill

Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer