This question is related to the issue we discussed last

Good evening. This question is...
Good evening. This question is related to the issue we discussed last week. The co tenant is not cooperating and provides dates she's available to meet and then changes her mind. Several candidates that meet her criteria have been lost. It appears she just wants to drag this out indefinitely. Can you tell me what recourse my daughter has in this situation? Thank you
3/14/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. In your case, I think it's critical at this juncture to simply not get the co-tenant's approval. I think it's fine you've worked in good faith, but you are not legally obligated to get her consent. If your daughter has the landlord's consent to assign the lease, then I think it's past the stage where you should continue seeking the co-tenant's consent on this. It's a good thing you're doing, but it's not legally required. If she doesn't want to participate, then she doesn't have to. You can find a new tenant without the co-tenant's approval and move on so it doesn't drag out indefinitely. I would advise the co-tenant that because you don't need her consent, you'll be continuing on the process without her.

despite the landlord's request to find someone acceptable we do not need to st this point?

You can find someone acceptable, but it doesn't have to be done with the co-tenant's consent.

Thank you however I'm not sure anyone would want to move in without meeting the co tenant. In the event we do find someone, is the next step to send an email to the landlord indicating the lease is being assigned to Xxxx who has agreed to assume all monthly expenses?

Yes, I think that sending an email to the landlord indicating the lease is being assigned to that person and agrees to assume all monthly expenses is a very intelligent way to do this.

Thank you very much for your guidance.
You bet!
Legal Eagle, Lawyer