Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a legal question. I am in NC, but issue occurred in

Customer Question

I have a legal question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in NC, but issue occurred in CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Is your issue civil or criminal? What is your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
civil
My nephew asked me to help him get a car. I flew to CA from NC (incurred hotel, care rental, airplane expenses) to assist and we asked me to co-sign a truck (19K) at Toyota. The next day he told me he didn't want the truck. The dealership told me I could bring it back, so I went to another Toyota and they made me sell the car back to them (pay 5K) to get out of the lease. My nephew said he would pay me back (two years later I have only gotten $1K) and the credit card with interest and late payments have gone upto 10K. Now, I am back in NC and he is staying with his grandmother in NY. What can I do to get my money back?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I'll opt out and leave this for a civil lawyer. When one replies, Justanswer will send you an email.