How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24659
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a legal question. I am in NC, but issue occurred in

Customer Question

I have a legal question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in NC, but issue occurred in CA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: not yet
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Legal
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.


I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Is your issue civil or criminal? What is your question?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My nephew asked me to help him get a car. I flew to CA from NC (incurred hotel, care rental, airplane expenses) to assist and we asked me to co-sign a truck (19K) at Toyota. The next day he told me he didn't want the truck. The dealership told me I could bring it back, so I went to another Toyota and they made me sell the car back to them (pay 5K) to get out of the lease. My nephew said he would pay me back (two years later I have only gotten $1K) and the credit card with interest and late payments have gone upto 10K. Now, I am back in NC and he is staying with his grandmother in NY. What can I do to get my money back?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. I'll opt out and leave this for a civil lawyer. When one replies, Justanswer will send you an email.