I think I was threaten with having levied against me a 10yr…

I think I was...

I think I was threaten with having levied against me a 10yr sentence of aggravated assault in the commission of a crime if I did not take a plea deal of 2nd degree assault an transporting a handgun illegally through the state of maryland. I also believed that i was coerced into taking such a plea deal.this case has been lingering for over 15 months and during this period my lawyer, though paid in full never devised a strategy. The presiding judge, oddly enough asked me if I was coerced into taking this deal. in fear of losing my chance at house arrest I said no. But afterwards I asked my atty was I in fact threaten. His response was, "youre pulling hairs" it seems to me a pointed question simply requires a pointed response.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

In court? "yes" when have already gone to court. I'm awaiting sentencing with a agreement with the state for house arrest. I'm asking because the state investigating clerk (probation) officer who was conducting my background informed me to write the judge asap. She never answered question ...directly..just, "you need to send a letter the judge".

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, the judge, oddly unlike other defendants asked me specifically Have you been threaten or coerced to take this plea deal..

can I get an update please?
3/14/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us? Defendants are given deals all the time and are told if they do not take them they will be prosecuted with more severe charges or receive more time, so what is the question for us?

WAS I THREATEN?My question is based upon the definition of the plea bargain agreement9. I was not threatened in anyway, through use of physical force, violence or intimidation to enter this guilty pleas. That I was not made any promises, commitments or induced in any way to enter this pleabased upon your response It sounds as if this is a common practice and exactly what happened to me. I am currently a LTC in the armed service and I worked for department of justice as an immigration officer from 1998-2003(physically) my actually separation date did not occur until 2013 after President Obama announced that the war was over, You see, I was called to duty after the World Trade centers were hit and remained on active duty until this very day. While traveling through Maryland I had an encounter with an illegal alien who was attempting to force me to hit him in rear his vehicle by slamming on his brakes. This was a common practice reported to immigration when I was an officer with the service. Swerving, I managed to avoid the contact but immediately pulled my weapon in fear the situation would escalate. The subject then called directly to the Maryland state patrol. I was arrested and charged with 1st degree agg assault, 2nd degree agg assault. possession of a hangun and possession of a handgun on my person. At the first trial, the subject failed to appear. the case was nole prossed. then in August of 2017 the state indicted me on the charges. December 2017 the prosecutor informed my atty that a plea deal was on the table and that if I didn't take it she would drop the current charges. go back to a grand jury, obtain a indictment and charge me with the aforementioned charge which carries a 10-year sentence with 5 of those years to be served incarcerated . The judge at the plea bargain hearing asked me directly, was I threaten or coerced into thanking this deal. based upon my lawyers advise and fearing I would face a 10-year sentence I said "no". When I was interviewed by the investigating clerk of the courts, this officer advised me to write a letter to the judge describing the aforementioned eventsso was I threaten?
Phone call session started