What are my rights in Texas for separation or divorce?

What are my rights...

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really. I can't talk via phone, so can we chat

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. What do you mean what are your rights? That's a very, very broad question that can mean different things to people. What specifically do you want to know?

Also, know that the site automatically sends out offers for a phone call request (they don't come from me). You can just ignore it if you get one, and we can chat here.

If I choose to separate from my husband, how can I get him out of the home if he refuses.
I can't chat via phone at this time.

You can ignore the phone call requests --as I mentioned, they come from the website, not me. We can continue to chat here.

Texas doesn't recognize legal separation, although parties can enter into written agreements regarding division of assets and debts and payment of spousal support while the divorce is pending.

To remove him from the marital home, however, you'd either have to a) file for divorce and then seek temporary orders for possession of the home during the divorce, or b) get a restraining order against him to have him removed, which of course would only apply if there were grounds for a restraining order (such as him being violent toward you).

I will contact you tomorrow. Thank you

You're very welcome.

RobertJDFL, Attorney

Just following up with you to see if you needed further assistance with this matter? If so, please don't hesitate to reply, and I'll be more than happy to help. If I've fully answered your questions and concerns, kindly take a moment to leave a 5 star rating for me by clicking on the stars at the top of the page so I am credited by this website. Thank you.