I am a bridal designer. San diego california. One of my

Customer Question
Hi I am a...

Hi I am a bridal designer.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

San diego california

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One of my Clint doesnt want her custom wedding dress, i will return her deposit but i want a contract to protect me

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok thank you

Great, thank you! The system may automatically ask you for a phone call; however, it’s not required that you take it. Bear with me a moment while I review…

I am wedding dress designer and producer. One my customer gave me and order. She bring her own sketches, she choose the fabrics and beadings. it was %100 her design. We only did whatever she wanted. 30 days before her wedding dress was ready and i send her final pictures and she said she didn't like it. dress is %100 exactle same dress that she wanted. We have a contract that if we make custom dress we don't return the deposit back. but i didn't want to deal with i am agree to pay her deposit. But i dont want them to write things about us on yelp or google. I want to protect my businnes.Before I RETURN HER MONEY BACK I WANT A CONTRACT

I understand. It's not out of the ordinary for parties to want to come to an agreement in situations like this. Even if you put it on the back of a bar napkin, you would be able to come to an agreement with this woman that in exchange for giving back her deposit, she must agree not to post any negative information on any internet or print publications at any time about her experience. Just make sure that it is in writing and that the both of you sign this document. If you do that, then if she breaks the agreement, you could sue her for breach of contract.

A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started. What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

what is the site for the template?

Sure. If you click here, you can find a basic contractual agreement template to help get you started.

Did you have any other questions for me about this today?

Hi, just wanted to follow up with you. Did you have any other questions for me today?