Is it a law the Homeowners Assiciation By-laws have to be…

Is it a law...

Is it a law the Homeowners Assiciation By-laws have to be rewritten every 30 years

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Our by-laws are 33 years old and I need to know if they are atill

3/13/2018
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

Have you seen a law like that require the bylaws to be re-written every thirty years?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No

I never heard of a law like that and I have done some searches to see if there is anything like that requirement and have not seen any requirement. Updates to bylaws can happen periodically if necessary and require most often voter approval. Otherwise, I know of no statute requiring bylaws to be updated every 30 years.

We can discuss this more if you want to do so.

If you have further questions or you need further assistance, just let me know.

If not, please remember to rate my answer between 3 to 5 stars without any additional costs to you. That is how I get credit for answering your question. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney