What is the process to get a name added to a deed in indiana…

Customer Question
What is the process...

What is the process to get a name added to a deed in indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

The current owner would need to have a new deed prepared from them as the Grantor back to them and the additional person as the Grantees. Then the deed is signed and notarized and dated by the parties and recorded in the local land records office to complete the transfer.

.

Any local real estate attorney or title/closing company can draft the deed up for around $100-150. A title company or closing company will be faster and cheaper and can help get it executed and recorded.

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much