I have an attorney that was attained to help with a family…

Customer Question
I have an attorney...

I have an attorney that was attained to help with a family matter. He made only a few phone calls to the opposing attorney and sends me invoices every few months or so. Over 4 years ago I had called into the office to discuss this bill and spoke with an older woman who I explained to that he didn’t really perform any services other than a few phone calls. We never went to court. All was settled out of court. She said don’t worry about it. I should of asked for that in writing. Instead years go by and then here is another invoice. Hadn’t received one in quite awhile and here it is again. I call again and actually speak with the attorney, and he says well I made a lot of calls for you. Really over $2,000.00 worth? Not. He says well I would settle for $1,200.00 I believe it was. I said I would talk to my husband and let him know. My husband said he has lost his mind if he thinks that. What do I do?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Indiana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
3/13/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 4 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
what can I answer for you?
What should I do next to get them to stop sending me these invoices ever so often? Send them a letter?
A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”If you have a follow up, just reply and ask me!