Do we have to pay for legal advice? Texas. Victim willing to…

Do we have to...

Do we have to pay for legal advice?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Victim willing to drop charges

Boyfriend and I got into a fight and someone called the police on us and I was arrested because he had a scratch on his face. I paid for my bond to be released and my boyfriend is willing to drop the charges. Would going through a court appointed attorney suffice or should i look into hiring a lawyer. Funds are limited due to paying for my bond.
Why are you taking too long?
3/13/2018
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

You asked "Do we have to pay for legal advice?"

The Attorneys do not handle customer account information or billing. Let me provide the number for Customer Service so they can clear up any confusion about the cost of this service.

Call Customer Care

Please have your Order ID available when calling Customer Care

US / Canada 1-***-***-****

Available 6am to 9pm PST

That was not my question
13 March 2018 02:46

Do you know the cost of the question?

Hiring a lawyer would be 2,000 but i want to know if a court appointed attorney would be sufficient enough to have this case dismissed since my bf is willing to drop the charges.

Thank you so much for the clarification. The only issue is that even if your BF drops the charges some prosecutors will still want to take action on behalf of the State. In my opinion I see no reason to pursue a case when the alleged victim is not interested in being involved.

In that regard I would prefer a private Attorney as the Public Defender is a deal maker and is not always interested in what is best for you.

I want to provide a link for Attorneys that provide FREE consultations in your area.

Based on what you are telling me this could be handled in a telephone call to the prosecutor to have them agree to drop the case. Where in Texas did this occur?

Austin texas

You are where the exploding packages are happening.

That should be of more concern to law enforcement than an argument between you and your BF. One moment please.

I am also going to provide a link for Pro Bono Attorneys as they can be far better than a public defender.

Free Consultation Attorneys http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/firm/criminal-law/austin/texas

Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney
Ma'am, thank you so much

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/texas-law/free-legal-aid-in-austin.html

This should just be dropped because your BF is not interested in pursuing this matter. Thank you for using JA!