If a right of first refusal of a property was signed by a…

If a right of...

If a right of first refusal of a property was signed by a corporation and the corporation has since been dissolved is the right of first refusal still binding with the corporation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, I downloaded the record of dissolution.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Right of first refusal applies to subsequent owners of the properties. Corporation was former owner of an adjacent properrty.

3/13/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

The answer to your question is no. If the company has been dissolved, then the company has essentially died. The only exception would be if there has been a receiver appointed by the court or if the company has sent out notices that the company assets have been transferred to a specific person or organization.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

The dissolution was administrative due to failure to file an annual list of officers/license renewal within the set time.Thank you for your prompt response!

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. You can save me as a favorite if you would like.

3. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

4. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions for cheap.

5. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Legal Eagle, Lawyer